Singing, dancing, acting/ performing and eating on a CCA pressure treated deck is what brings it all together. However, building a deck to perfectly suite all the requirements are important.
Organizing the “InniBos Illanga Mall festival” in Nelspruit posed challenges due to Covid restrictions. However, instead of the usual large gathering, only 200 people could be accommodated at a time. To support local restaurants and artists affected by the restrictions, the Inni-bos committee devised a plan to use Illange Mall for staging shows. An additional seating area was necessary, and that’s when Sabie Poles was contacted to be part of this exciting event.
In no time, Sabie Poles built a CCA pressure treated deck to provide extra space. This allowed adhering to Covid restrictions and ensuring a safe environment for more people to enjoy the arts. Furthermore, careful planning was undertaken to tie the deck seamlessly with the restaurants, parking area, and entrances. Our experts at Sabie Poles handled the project with expertise, taking into account aesthetics, colors, patterns, and sunlight.
Finally, together we made this event a resounding success, offering a wonderful experience to performers and festival-goers alike.
Planning list to build a CCA pressure treated deck.
Points we had to consider when building this CCA pressure treated deck
- How many tables and chairs need to fit into the deck area.
- How often will the staff have to move the tables and chairs? (Storage of tables and chairs at night)
- How many diners will be on the deck at any given time?
- What width must the walkway be between tables to adhere to Covid-19 regulations?
CCA Pressure Treated Deck Construction:
- To what height should we lift the deck? (To avoid obstructing views and accommodate singers and shows)
- Onto what will we anchor the supports underneath the deck? (To protect the parking lot’s tar surface)
- How much sun/rain and wind exposure will be on the deck? (Considering the four-day event and rainy season in the Lowveld)
- What color to use if we varnish the deck? (Opting for a lighter colored varnish to avoid a cramped image)
- should we build the deck with 32mm x 102mm or 22 mm x 102mm CCA pressure treated decking?
- Was permission granted to build a deck?
Timeline and Safety:
- How much time is available to complete the task?
- How safe will the deck be for people walking past?
- Will there be a need for steps and wheelchair access?
- Is there access to an electrical distribution board? Will lights be on stands, alongside the deck, or on an overhead rail?
Deck Design and Finish:
- Which part of the deck will be carrying heavier traffic?
- Surface of the deck must be smooth – no holes in boards.
- Will the deck need sanding down after installation?
- Will we need to use non-slip decking?
- Must the deck have side rails? How high must the side rails be?
- Should we build a CCA pressure treated deck that is completely enclosed or have only on two or three sides?
- What “look” do we want to create? Rustic or Smart?
- The deck must adhere to Covid regulations, including social distancing.
When you take a look at the planning list, you will agree that our structure had to be exceptional. It would be the first thing that people notice when they approach the entrance of the Ilanga Shopping Mall. It had to be safe and also enticing and friendly. CCA pressure treated decking supplied by Sabie Poles, did just that! When we combined our decking with steel frameworks and after painting the steel, it was a deck that everybody wants to have in their yard!
What a CCA pressure treated deck just like this one?
The good news is that everybody can have a CCA pressure treated deck similar to this one! It’s as easy as picking up the phone or emailing us with your requirements.
Moreover, the InniBos Mall event was a great success from the first night, as documented by the Lowvelder. As a result, our team at Sabie Poles is extremely grateful to have been a part of this awesome initiative and offer a top-notch CCA pressure treated deck.
What sets Sabie Pole’s decking boards apart is that they are all SABS approved. Additionally, when we pressure treat our decking boards, we strictly adhere to the NRCS, SABS, and SAWPA rules and regulations. This ensures that as a customer, you will be getting the highest quality decking timber in South Africa at an affordable price.
Last but not least, we want to express our gratitude for the opportunity to be of service to our customers! A big shout-out of “thank you” goes to all our valued customers. We deeply appreciate your support and trust in our products. Rest assured that we will continue to provide you with exceptional decking solutions that exceed your expectations.
In conclusion, don’t hesitate to reach out to us today and join the countless satisfied customers who have transformed their outdoor spaces with our premium CCA pressure treated decks. Whether it’s for residential or commercial use, we have the perfect decking solution to suit your needs. Contact us now, and let’s create a beautiful and long-lasting outdoor environment together!